Saturday, November 20, 2010

I want to change my belts in my 2003mitsubishi lancer,es how do i do it do i take off power steering pump?

or a/c, i try look,n for manual at autozone ,checker ,pep boys noone has it can anyone help me mr.lancer es.I want to change my belts in my 2003mitsubishi lancer,es how do i do it do i take off power steering pump?
If you have 60,000 miles or more on the car, why not just pay the dealer to do the timing belt? The drive belts have to come off to get to the timing belt, so you just pay for the belts and get them put on for free while the timing belt job gets done.

It's best to keep your hands off your car unless you have a bit of mechanical know how. You should be able to look at the belts and see what needs to be loosened up without looking at pictures, It's pretty basic.